1. Huw Jones scored two of Scotland’s three tries in their Calcutta Cup win. Who scored the third?
Answer: Sean Maitland
2. When Scotland beat Ireland at Donnybrook in February, it was their first away win in the Women’s Six Nations Championship for how many years?
3. Ireland won their third Grand Slam this year, equalling Scotland’s total. Have they won more Triple Crowns or fewer than Scotland’s 10?
Answer: More. They now have 11
4. Which forward scored a hat-trick against Canada in the first match of Scotland’s summer tour?
Answer: George Turner
5. Which forward, who was making his debut off the bench, also scored in that game?
Answer: Lewis Carmichael
6. In which city did Scotland lose to the USA in the next Test on that tour?
7. Who was Argentina’s head coach for the last time in the Pumas’ defeat by Scotland?
Answer: Daniel Hourcade
8. “He’s a very relaxed character but that shouldn’t be mistaken for not taking the game seriously.” Which team-mate was John Barclay talking about here in the build-up to the Calcutta Cup match?
Answer: Finn Russell
9. Which forward was named man of the match on his Scotland debut against Fiji?
Answer: Sam Skinner
10. “He sticks them on every Christmas – they’re rubbish, he just kicks it!” Which current international was talking about which former player’s fondness for watching videos of his old games?
11. In 1918, who won the Five Nations Championship?
Answer: No-one. It did not resume after the First World War until 1920.
12. Who was Scotland’s full-back in all four of their games in the 1928 Five Nations?
Answer: Dan Drysdale
13. Who was hailed as the greatest rugby player of his generation after captaining Scotland to the Triple Crown in 1938?
Answer: Wilson Shaw
14. Which country won their first Grand Slam in 1948?
15. In the 1958 Championship, which winger was replaced as Scotland captain by Jim Greenwood after catching flu just before the final game?
Answer: Arthur Smith
16. In the 1968 Championship, what did Scotland do for the first time in 14 years?
Answer: They were whitewashed
17, Born in Edinburgh in 1978, which Scotland back won over 100 caps and appeared in four Rugby World Cups?
Answer: Chris Paterson
18. Future captains David Sole and Finlay Calder both played for Scotland in the 1988 Five Nations, but which hooker was the actual skipper?
Answer: Gary Callander
19. In 1998, Richie Dixon resigned as Scotland coach after a defeat by which country?
20. Who captained Scotland to Calcutta Cup victory In 2008?
Answer: Mike Blair
21. In January, which French team did Edinburgh beat 34-33 in the Challenge Cup?
Answer: Stade Francais
22. That result helped Edinburgh reach the quarter-finals of the competition, but which team did they lose to at that stage?
Answer: Cardiff Blues
23. Which team did Glasgow Warriors thump 68-7 in March, their biggest PRO14 win of last season?
24. Which team will Stuart Hogg join when he leaves Glasgow next year?
Answer: Exeter Chiefs
25. Sam Hidalgo-Clyne and Jason Tovey were a half-back partnership for Edinburgh but now play for separate Welsh clubs. Which ones?
26. Which Warriors back scored Scotland’s only try in their Six Nations defeat by Wales?
Answer: Pete Horne
27. Which team knocked Edinburgh out of the PRO14 play-offs at the quarter-final stage?
28. And which team beat Glasgow in the semis?
29. Edinburgh are unbeaten at home since losing to which team in April?
30. Glasgow’s last defeat at Scotstoun was in October – against which team?
31. Name the half-dozen clubs that will make up the Super 6.
32. Of the four Premiership teams who will not be in the Super 6, which one is highest up the table as the year ends?
Answer: Currie Chieftains, currently fifth
33. Which club won the women’s Premier League in October?
34. Which club won the Melrose Sevens this year, 22 years after their last win?
35. Who won the Charity Shield at the Greenyards in August?
Answer: Stirling County
36. Which club recently started a women’s section largely made up of former Murrayfield Wanderers players?
37. Which club finished bottom of the Tennent’s Premiership last season?
38. Melrose won the Scottish Cup this year, but which club won the trophy when it was first competed for in 1996?
39. Which English club do Scotland internationals Sarah Bonar, Rhona Lloyd, Mags Lowish, Rachel Malcolm and Jenny Maxwell all play for?
Answer: Loughborough Lightning
40. Which club play their home games at Pickaquoy?
41. How many of this season’s 12 English Premiership clubs are named after species of mammal?
Answer: Two – Bristol Bears and Leicester Tigers
42. Which country’s top division includes a club called RGC 1404?
43. Who captained the Scotland women’s team in their recent internationals against Italy and Canada?
Answer: Lisa Thomson
44. Which current Scotland international has Kipling as a middle name?
Answer: David Denton
45. Which current Scotland international was born in a town called Humansdorp?
Answer: Allan Dell
46. Who captained Scotland at this year’s World Under-20 Championship?
Answer: Stafford McDowall
47. Which Scottish referee will take charge of a Women’s Six Nations Championship match for the first time next year?
Answer: Hollie Davidson
48. Keith Russell, the SRU’s former director of domestic rugby, now works in which sport?
Answer: Badminton. He is chief executive of Badminton Scotland
49. Who will be Scotland’s first opponents in next year’s Rugby World Cup?
50. Which team took the last place at the World Cup by winning the repechage tournament in November, beating Germany, Hong Kong and Kenya?